Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, CRG Technologies specializes in engineering, design, fabrication, and integration relating to the development, upgrade and optimization of packaging and process equipment for the food/beverage and consumer products industries.
We combine expertise and collaboration to consistently deliver value.
CRG is always looking for Engineering talent, Professional Machinists and Millwrights, and CAD Designers. Please check our website frequently and follow us on Twitter for specific openings.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Position Available
Mechanical Design Engineer
Founded in 2000, CRG Technologies specializes in engineering, design, fabrication, and integration relating to the development, upgrade, and optimization of packaging, process and robotic equipment for the food/beverage and consumer products industries.
The qualified candidate will work directly with clients, sales and operation directors and other discipline leads to design the most efficient, most client-cost effective mechanical system layouts and design using Autodesk Inventor 3D software. The successful candidate will be centrally involved in the development of new products and improvements of current products to increase overall value. This will cover the full spectrum of product development, including concept formation, detailed modeling, calculations and analysis, prototyping, proof testing, fabrication & assembly, and final implementing a complete design. This is a salaried, exempt position reporting to Director of Operations.
• The successful candidate should demonstrate strong problem solving skills, strong mechanical aptitude, objectivity, and creativity.
• The candidate will perform and manage multiple tasks under limited supervision while showing excellent attention to detail and the ability to administer a task from inception to completion.
• Prepare three-dimensional parametric models & manufacturing drawings.
• Provide technical support to internal sales and manufacturing team.
• Provide technical support to customers as needed.
• Assist with parts and component procurement using QuickBooks to develop purchase orders.
• Organize and analyzes drawings prior to setup and discusses project complexity and time estimates with sales and manufacturing team.
• Gathers information in the field in the form of measurements and photos.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities.
• Managing workload and ensuring a consistent quality of deliveries.
• Organizational and follow up capabilities.
• Accountability and delivery on deadline commitment and quality.
• 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
• 3+ years’ experience using Autodesk Inventor. Knowledge of pipe routing a plus.
• 3-5 years of experience in the mechanical design of automated machinery.
• Strong mathematical foundation, with experience simulating and analyzing mechanical & electro-mechanical systems.
• Good working knowledge of packaging equipment and / or automated machinery.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
• Travel to customer job site w/ some overnight stay.
• Demonstrate ability to think creatively to resolve technical issues and overcome obstacles.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug screen as well as a background check.
Salary commensurate with experience